Heat Pump Replacement in Jefferson County, MO
If your heat pump is more than 10 years old, or it is not running efficiently, it may be time to consider replacing it. By working with a qualified contractor like Ricotta Heating & Air, you can ensure that your new system will provide reliable and efficient heating and cooling for years to come. We will help you decide which type of heat pump is best for your home, then remove your old unit and professionally install your new heat pump.
Heat Pump Replacement: Things to Consider
When it comes time to replace your current heat pump and purchase a new one, there are several factors to consider:
- Size: Make sure to select a heat pump that is appropriately sized for the space you want to heat or cool. A unit that is too small will struggle to maintain a comfortable temperature, while a unit that is too large will waste energy and money.
- Efficiency: Look for a heat pump with a high SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) and HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor) rating. These ratings indicate the unit’s energy efficiency.
- Climate: Consider the climate in your area and choose a heat pump that is designed to handle the extreme temperatures and weather conditions.
- Noise level: If you are sensitive to noise, look for a heat pump that operates quietly.
- Features: Some heat pumps come with additional features such as remote control, programmable thermostats, and air purification systems. Consider which features are important to you.
- Cost: Compare the price of different heat pumps and factor in the cost of installation and ongoing maintenance.
- Brand reputation: Look into the reputation of the brand before purchasing a heat pump.
- Warranty: Look for heat pump with warranty options.
It is also important to choose a reputable and experienced contractor like Ricotta Heating & Air who specializes in heat pump installation. This will ensure that the new system is properly sized and installed to maximize efficiency and performance.
Heat Pump Maintenance Services
Heat pumps are a great option to heat and cool your home, but like any mechanical system, they require regular maintenance to ensure optimal performance and efficiency. Neglecting regular maintenance can lead to decreased energy efficiency, higher energy bills, and costly repairs. That’s why it’s important to have a reliable heat pump maintenance plan in place. Ricotta Heating & Air offers comprehensive heat pump maintenance services that include:
Cleaning: The heat pump and its surrounding area should be cleaned to remove dust, dirt, and debris that can impede airflow and reduce efficiency.
Inspection: A professional technician should inspect the heat pump for any signs of wear or damage, and make any necessary repairs or replacements.
Lubrication: The moving parts of the heat pump should be lubricated to reduce friction and wear.
Refrigerant check: The refrigerant level should be checked and adjusted as needed to ensure the heat pump is operating at peak efficiency.
Calibration: The thermostat and other controls should be calibrated to ensure accurate temperature control.
Filter replacement: The air filter should be replaced to ensure proper airflow and to prevent the buildup of allergens and pollutants.
Electrical components check: The technician should also inspect the electrical components of the heat pump, including wiring, capacitors, and contactors, to ensure they are in good working condition.
These maintenance steps will ensure that your heat pump runs at peak performance. We will schedule regular checkups and tune-ups, which will help extend the lifespan of your heat pump.