Ricotta Heating and Air specializes in providing a variety of geothermal heat pumps to St. Louis, Missouri and surrounding areas. Our talented staff of specialty HVAC technicians will determine the optimal pump and ground loop configuration to heat and cool your home or office.
Studies by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) have shown that homes utilizing geothermal heat pumps can save:
- 50 – 87% off heating costs
- Up to 50% off cooling bill
Over a relatively short period of time, the reduction of energy usage will save more than initial upgrade costs of new geothermal equipment and installation.
Additionally, new geothermal systems may qualify for a federal tax credit of up to 30% of the total cost.
Tax Credits on New Geothermal Heating / Cooling Systems
In October 2008, geothermal heat pumps were added to the Internal Revenue Code (sec. 25D) as part of President Obama’s economic stimulus legislation enacted earlier this year. This created a 30% tax credit for the purchase and installation cost of qualified geothermal equipment “placed in service” through the end of 2016.
- Tax credit of 30% of total system cost
- No limit to credit amount for 2009 and beyond
This tax credit can be:
- Used to offset Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT)
- Used in more than one year
- Combined with solar and wind tax credits
- Combined with energy efficiency upgrade credits
Federal Tax Credit Eligibility
Geothermal equipment that uses the stored solar energy from the ground for heating and cooling that meets Energy Star requirements at the time of installation is eligible for the tax credit. Contact your accounting professional for more information about this and to be sure you qualify.
Geothermal: Renewable, Environmentally Friendly, Inexpensive Energy
As the prices of oil and natural gas continue to rise homeowners continually find it’s more and more expensive to heat their homes. And with rising energy costs it’s certainly not cheap to air-condition a house in the summer either.
Geothermal pumps offer an alternative to conventional heating and air-conditioning systems that is safe, renewable, environmentally friendly and inexpensive.
- Geothermal pumps harness the earth’s natural heat contained in the ground and water beneath your home.
- This heat is extracted using a ground loop installed underneath your house.
- Once inside, the air is compressed to whatever temperature you desire to heat or cool your home without damaging the environment.
- Best of all, geothermal pumps can be installed under nearly any lot.
Your Ricotta Heating & Air sales agent will be happy to provide a complimentary geothermal analysis and proposal for a new construction or existing home. Call us today, 314-333-5900, to schedule an appointment.
Geothermal Loop System Options
- In winter, water circulating inside a sealed loop absorbs heat from the earth and carries it to the unit. Here it is compressed to a higher temperature and sent as warm air to your indoor system for distribution throughout your home.
- In the summer, the system reverses and expels heat from your home to the cooler earth via the loop system.
- Heat exchange process is not only natural, but a highly efficient way to create a comfortable climate in your home, as well.